I thought a list of things I'm thankful for, and things I love is something very apt for me to whip up tonight not only because I'm about to embark on a few different journeys come tomorrow. Here goes:
* People in my life The funny thing is, no matter how much I am in the shits, or what kind of conundrum I get myself into, I know that if nothing else, the one thing I have is that my life is made up of such awe-inspiring individuals. From a cookie-cutter family that I happily come home to with parents who are still so in love with each other [25 years this July!], to the occasionally-annoying-occasionally-amusing younger brother, to friends and colleagues who are generous, admirable and talented - I am so incredibly lucky.
* Work This October would mark my six years in the media industry. I have gone a long way interning for Phin Wong whilst slaving it out in Ngee Ann Polytechnic's Mass Communication course, and I have a long way to go, and much, much more to learn. Come tomorrow, despite all my gripes about weddings and friends getting hitched, I will be the editor of SingaporeBrides.com. It's very exciting what's to come, and I'm twiddling my thumbs in anticipation. If I wanna get rich or die tryin', I might as well do it in a multi-billion dollar industry, no? [FYI, I am still available for freelance gigs as long as you're not a bridal-related media!]
* Opportunities I've been told that I'm very lucky to have gotten where I am today, with various aspects of my life. I think while I have definitely been blessed, I've worked very hard as well - I work hard to traipse the world, I work hard to make sure my portfolio kicks ass - and God knows I need to work harder to improve my health [speaking of which - I ran 10km in appalling humidity levels last night! Yay me!]
* God I have been brought up in a relatively strict Muslim family, and while I haven't been the most religion-abiding girl, I have been, in my little way, attempted to bring myself closer to God, and for the lack of a better phrase, my God, what a difference it has made. My dad has always told me, quoting the Quran, that "God is closer to your than your jugular vein," and as always, he's right.
* SkinFood Masks If we were playing a guess-which-one-doesn't-belong-on-this-list, it'll be this bullet point, but believe me you, SkinFood makes kickass masks that freshen and brighten your skin in a jiffy. And no, they're not paying me, or sponsoring me with masks [but very welcomed to!]. For $5 a pop, it's a miracle worker after an exhausting week and your skin looks incredibly dull even after your exfoliating regime. Of course, I know this only thanks to Andrea Claire.
What's on your Love List this week?