I like to think I give good gifts. I think about what the person enjoys, I like to pick out little details, and I scour the web - sometimes months in advance for the birthdays of people I love. Sometimes, I'd be bouncing off the walls to present someone with a gift! As you already know, American Express is sending me on a shopping spree for Xmas gifts in conjunction with their wicked Round the World campaign this festive season!
While shopping in person will give you more chances to win a Round the World trip [Every $10 spent at ION Orchard, Singapore Airlines or The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands for 2 chances to win!], I like to suss out what there is in the world starting with the web.
1. A subscription to Frankie Magazine. The only magazine I've bought since issue #3, and the only magazine I've probably bought for leisure for the past year or so since we've propelled into digital magazines. Frankie manages to put out beautiful works of art - perfect stock, stunning printing and writing that I just love to delve deep into. If your girlfriend appreciate beautiful things, this is a wicked gift that will last a whole year!
2. NARS Pure Matte lipstick. I've been looking for a matte pink lipstick for a while, and I was delighted when NARS finally opened here. Unfortunately, when I was there a few days ago, heaps of the lipstick shades were sold out. I specifically asked the salesgirl to show me a lipstick shade that was in stock, and she put Carthage on for me, only to tell me after that the girl who came in just before me bought the last one. This tops my list, and I'm sure it'll top many of your girlfriends' too.
3. Ciate Nail Polishes make the perfect stocking stuffers. Always in vivid colours and in such cute packaging, what's not to love?
4. Fortune Cookie purse. For those girls who always have change lying around everywhere, this cute purse will make a wicked stocking stuffer. And you can remind her about the purse you got her every time she jingles when she fishes for something in her bag.
1. Lanvin Silver-plated Onyx cufflinks These are so sexy. They're so understated, yet so perfect. I wish I wore shirts that need cufflinks so I have an excuse to get them for myself...
2. Prescription glasses. J has been hunting for prescription glasses for the longest time, but he's yet to find a pair he likes. You usually have to try on glasses to see how they suit your face, but Lookmatic lets you virtually try it on! Upload a photo of your man, and you're good to go!
3. Homemade milano cookies. Who doesn't love milano cookies? Even better if they're handmade and fresh from the oven!
4. Plane tickets... ;o)
5. iPad Mini. If your man works on an iMac, watches Apple TV, listens to music on his iPod Touch, it's time you splurge and get him the new iPad Mini. It's not so big like the iPad such that it can be a pain to carry, and it's not super tiny like the iPod Touch where he'd be straining his eyes trying to watch his favourite sitcom. And you get to steal it occasionally to shop online! Win-win!
6. Victoria's Secret giftcard. This is a little cheeky, but it can be a cute stocking stuffer [oh, the puns!]. Get him to pick out what he wants you to wear. Gift for him, gift for you. I'm a bloody genius!
Watch this space to find out where I went shopping, and what I got for the favourite people in my life. Myself included of course! Remember to start spendin' with your American Express for a Round the World getaway!