I don't go into a lot of details with a lot of things on this blog, simply because well, there is such a thing as too much information. But I have, since late last year, been a convert and a fan of the Brazilian. I've checked out several spots that provide bush-stripping services in Singapore and despite my ridiculously high tolerance of pain, I've come out with my crotch burning until I visited STRIP.
Fast, hygienic, relatively painless and incredibly meticulous, it's no surprise I'm a fan. When they contacted me to try out their brand new strawberry-flavoured wax, I couldn't say no!
Despite having read about the Beauty Emporium at Dempsey multiple times, I made my way in the rain for the first time today and I was pleasantly surprised at what a pretty place it is! Make your way through the kitschy counters and you'll find yourself at the STRIP booth. In case you can't find it, the colourful blocks of wax might give you a clue:
Their promotional display for the new strawberry wax will probably also catch your attention:
Classic Yan Yan dippers in Strip's packaging. Too cute:
Truthfully, I've never suckered into flavoured wax, because really, I'm not going to bend over and lick hot wax off myself. But today, I learnt that STRIP's strawberry wax has been developed specially for Brazilian virgins - the wax packs in the healing powers of chamomile and aloe vera to calm and soothe even the most tender skin.
If you're a Brazilian virgin, you will go through a full consultation with their Waxpert. She will tell you where you'll be waxed and how, and she'll apply Bach Flower essence to calm your nerves to slightly numb the skin. If you're looking for a Waxpert, I'd recommend Veron at Strip Dempsey - she's pleasant, she knows her stuff and she was fast and thorough! If you need extra moral support, the Waxpert will happily lend you a squeezy toy:
Strip also prides themselves with top notch hygiene levels, which is very important when your nether regions are concerned.
For Brazilian virgins, here are things you need to know:
- Where Brazilian means all off. If you need more explainin', Khia will tell you where exactly - "My neck, my back..."
- Hair Length Hair usually needs to be at least a quarter of an inch long so that the wax can grab on to it. For areas that have much finer hair, Waxperts would usually use the Chocolate wax, according to Veron, but it really depends on each individual's consultation.
- Time My Brazilians at STRIP usually last 15 min at Strip. I've been to two other places which take much longer and are far more painful.
- When Schedule your Brazilians after your period. Before, your skin tends to be tender and sensitive and getting it done during is just unthinkable!
- Pain If you're afraid of the pain, pop a Panadol 20 min - 30 min before your appointment. Honestly, on a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is a pinprick and 5 is me jamming my toes in a corner wall, and 10 is childbirth [which I have not experienced], I'd say the pain is 3. But the pain is also quick, so it's really no biggie.
- After Once the waxing is complete, the Waxpert would tweeze the stray hairs that may be left. She will also apply a post-wax cream which you can also purchase.
- Shy? While it's normal to be shy, because for most people, there are two people who'd go down there - your gyno and your lovah - but trust me when I say this, welcoming a third person will do you a lotta good! The Waxperts have seen it all before, really.
The strawberry and chocolate wax actually looks like the stawberry and chocolate YanYan dippers which I thought was quite amusing:
There are also some after-care procedures that you need to do after and STRIP has produced a handy Brazilian Virgin Kit for easy after-wax care and maintenance.
Each kit [$25] contains a trial-sized bottle of:
- X’ed out cream, 5ml - X’ed out cream for ingrown hair
- Ice Cream, 5ml - Ice Cream to soothe irritated skin
- Strawberry body scrub, 5ml
- Strawberry moisturizing body butter, 5ml
- 1 peace ampoule for soothing hair follicle and retarding hair growth.
Till 31 July 2011, STRIP is offering: STRIP Brazilian Virgins 30% off their first Brazilian Wax (U.P. $58) On top of that, STRIP Brazilian Virgins get to purchase the Brazilian Virgin Kit at just $15 (U.P. $25) *all prices listed above is before GST