* IceCreamCandied Remember the wicked shoes I blogged about ages ago designed by my darling Xiao? They're finally up for sale and I've already bought a pair!
* Changes Now that my plans are taking shape, I realise how much work I have on my plate, and dear God, it's not easy. While a month ago, I had seven different things going on in my head at any time, I now have seventeen different things, and my to-do list keeps growing longer and longer even though I do check things off.
* Of secrets “I think we’re just gonna to have to be secretly in love with each other and leave it at that, Ritchie.”The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)
* My Bed I have been to a lot of places in the world, spent nights sleeping in futons, blow-up mattresses, park benches, bus seats, sleeping bags, but nothing in the world really compares to being in the sweet comfort of my own bed.
* Personal relationships While I like to be around people all the time, I realise I've become very selective with the people I constantly spend time with. My closest friends are people whom I not only trust, respect and hold the highest regards for, they're also people I can constantly new things from - something that has grown increasingly important to me the older I grow. Keep your friends close, and forget about your enemies, I say.
* Adele I've raved about her before, but I can't help to again. Someone Like You has been on repeat since I came back from Koh Lanta, particularly because I'm missing my friends who've left Singapore in the last few years. [Yes, Miriam, Lara and Maria, I mean you!] Shivers down my spine, tingles in my toes and makes my hair stand - her voice is fucking incredible:
The song is also heart-breaking - about a lover who's moved on and found somebody else. What do you do in situations like that? When you love somebody, a little part of you will still be fond of all the time you've spent together, there'd be songs, places, smells that would remind you of him. And then, one day, you bump into him again and he's in love with somebody else. Maybe you are too, but maybe you're still alone - what do you do? You want to be happy for him, but on the other hand, a little part of you still wish that you had worked out.
* Bliss All that sadness aside, if you've been following me on Twitter, I've been letting on once in a while why I'm a freakin' ray of sunshine of late. Don't worry, I haven't lost my sarcastic streak - I just think that my life is pretty fuckin' perfect right now. And that is awesome.
* Bright lights long nights Lights are awesome. I heart lights. Case-in-point:
* New banner? Speaking of photos and lights, I need a new banner photo, don't you think? Sorta bored of the current one taken in London last summer.
* Birthday trip Is it wrong that I've already started planning my birthday trip this year? Unlike the past years where I've spent my birthday or days before my birthday slitting my wrists on a long haul plane journey, I'm going somewhere closer, but with a lot more people and with a bigger bang. I hope it works out!
* Other honourable mentions Doing work that I love doing/ Remembering what it feels like to love writing/ Meeting other passionate people/ Cheques in the mail that you're not expecting/ Clozette/ Already looking forward to next weekend to cook a feast!/ Emails from my girlfriends/ Smiling to myself recalling silly conversations with J :o) / Dental appointment!/ Planning a Japan fundraiser - yes, watch this space!
Loving you, and leaving you, as always. What’s on your Love List this week?